When it is new, a BBQ looks amazing and cooks spectacularly, but after a while, it starts to fall foul of wear and tear. Unless painstakingly maintained, it will fall into a state of disrepair. Luckily, the BBQ service experts at Toronto-based BBQpros are happy to restore your grill to its former glory for you! Here are some ways to tell if you are in need of BBQ repair.
- The taste is not quite there – As barbecues age, the taste of the food they produce becomes more reminiscent of gas, ash, or chemicals than the fresh and woody flavor intended. This can be because of incidental damage to the regulator valve or manifold portions of the BBQ, normal wear and tear of the burner tubes, grease buildup on the grill, or overuse of chemical cleaning agents during BBQ cleaning.
- The machine and food smell bad – Incorrectly used cleaning agents or uncared-for lava rocks in the BBQ can lead to an unpleasant smell sinking into its parts. A bad-smelling grill will, in turn, lead to bad-smelling food.
- The BBQ is not emitting as much heat as it should – The burners may be giving off orange rather than blue flames for a variety of reasons. For example, your regulator may be faulty. Your manifold or your burners may be blocked because of grease buildup or (as strange as it may sound) a small animal living inside the BBQ. The pressure settings on the machine may be incorrect. In any case, low heat will affect your food’s cooking time as well as making it less satisfying and less safe to eat.
- The machine just doesn’t look like it used to – Of course, how your BBQ works is of utmost importance, but how it looks is important too! A new-looking grill is a thing of beauty, but incorrect cleaning methods and the normal wear and tear of being a versatile cooker can really show in the BBQ’s finish, something which BBQ repair can erase.
- Controls are hot to the touch – This may be a sign that the BBQ’s thermal insulation is experiencing problems or that the condition of the internal heat shields is deteriorating. If this is allowed to continue, the controls could actually start to burn you when used.
We at BBQpros understand that a BBQ is a big investment. The machines are not cheap, and the versatile and delicious fun they can provide must be maintained. Let our BBQ repair experts make your grill good as new.